Arts for USH (KbK) feels that empathy is one of the most important skills in our lives and most people can master through time and exposure.
What is Empathy?
- Putting yourself in someone else’s shoes.
- Imagining how another person is thinking and feeling
Why is it important to be empathetic?
- Empathy makes us aware of the feelings of others, embraces differences, builds relationships, helps us gain perspective on the world around us.
How does Arts for USH teach empathy?
- By sharing our personal story of Usher Syndrome we enable people young and old to experience what it feels like to slowly lose both your hearing and eyesight.This creates a reality different from their own and inspires feelings that can be expressed through drawing.
Why does Arts for USH teach empathy?
- Arts for USH feels that you can't possibly understand a disease like Usher Syndrome unless you first understand empathy.